1. Avoid picking acne scabs on face
Some people ask the healing time of scabs and sores. If you want those pimple and acne scabs to heal fast, avoid picking them. It is tempting, but avoid scratching, rubbing, popping and squeezing them. In order to heal scabs quickly, allow the clot to stay put in order for the pimple to go away.
Scabbed wounds and zits can be itchy. That feeling is what makes you want to pick it off. Try to use anti-itch creams if you want to stop picking the acne scabs on your face, nose and chin.
- The scabs on the pimple acts as a temporary skin. It prevents the wound or pimple from getting infected by external bacteria.
- Picking the scabs will take will get rid of the protective coating and slow down the healing process.
Even though you can try to cure pimple scabs fast, it is important to know that your body takes time to heal. A balanced diet, vitamin C, D and vitamin E can go a long way in making your zit scabs heal fast.
2. Apply tea tree oil to treat pimple scabs quickly
Another good home remedy for treating scabs from acne and pimples is tea tree oil. It is used because of its antiseptic properties. It will prevent bacterial infections on cuts, wounds and scabs on the skin. Here’s how to get rid of a pimple scab using tea tree oil.
Tea tree oil is a good home remedy for healing pimples and acne zits
- Take a clean piece of cotton wool.
- Drip a little tea tree oil to dampen the cotton ball with it.
- Apply the oil gently on the scabs. Avoid applying pressure because it can break the crust and cause bleeding.
- Do this once or twice a day to heal acne scabs overnight and naturally.
3. How to get rid of pimple scabs overnight with warm compresses
Another quick home remedy to make facial scabs from zits to disappear is warm compress. Warm compresses are said to remove scabs overnight or in just a few hours. Why is that? The moisture from the compresses will soften the skin and loosen the scab. Here’s how to heal a pimple scab fast by doing warm compresses.
- Take a clean washcloth.
- Dip it in warm water. The water should not be hot, otherwise you will burn your skin.
- Apply the warm water compress on your pimple scabs to relieve the itch and loosen the scabs and crust.
- Do this for about 5 minutes, twice a day in order to get rid of pimple and acne scabs overnight or within hours.
Warm compresses are known to moisturize wounds, cuts and scabs from pimples and zits. They also increase blood supply on the skin surface around the pimples. This will make the healing process faster. Warm compresses are also part of the home remedies to stop popped pimple scab from swelling.
4. Use honey to heal a scab on pimple naturally
Honey is an ancient antiseptic. It not only prevents infections but will help you heal faster. honey is an antibiotic and will also improve the appearance of your skin after pimples and injuries such as cuts, burns and boils.
- Clean your face thoroughly, especially the areas round the pimples and acne zits.
- Dry the areas cleaned in order to remove any moisture and water.
- Apply honey, preferably, Manuka honey.
- Dress with a hydropolymer dressing. You can buy this at the drugstore.
This kind of dressing will absorb fluids discharged by the zit. By keeping the scabs dry and clean, you will help it heal faster. Apply this scab treatment once a day in order to get rid of scabs that won’t heal on their own.
5. Aloe vera to get rid of spot scabs quickly
Aloe vera gel for healing cuts wounds and infected scabs
Aloe vera is used for healing sunburns, cuts and even bruises. You can use it to get rid of pimple scabs fast. According to Natural Products Network, aloe vera gel helps soothe the discomfort and itch on the scabs from pimples. It will also prevent unsightly scars from forming after the acne spots.
- Get aloe vera gel by squeezing the leaves.
- Apply a thick gel of aloe vera to the scabs on pimples.
- Let is sit on your skin for a couple of hours. It is preferable that you leave it on your face overnight to heal acne scabs fast.
Other than treating scabs caused by pimples and acne zits, aloe vera is known for its skin lightening properties as well and will help you lighten the dark spots on your face, usually from the breakouts.
6. Vaseline treatment for pimple scabs
Scabbing over on a pimple can leave you with scars, dark spots and all sorts of blemishes on your face. Made Man recommends that when you pick or pop pimples and rapture them, you should use Vaseline to seal them and help them heal faster.
Vaseline petroleum jelly for healing your wounds and cuts
- Before using Vaseline petroleum jelly on your acne zits, ensure that the spots are not oozing any liquid such as blood or even pus. Green pus in pimples will mean they are infected.
- Dry the crusty scabbed spots on your face after cleaning and patting dry.
- Apply a layer of Vaseline on the scab. This will keep it moist and protected from entry of infectious bacteria.
- Petroleum jelly also loosens pimple scabs to make them go away faster.
How long do scabs from pimples take to heal? With this treatment, you will get rid of the dry crusty scabs almost overnight, but the little wounds under the pimples might remain.
7. Baking soda for removing scabs
Baking soda is one of the most widely used home remedies for very many skin health problems. Acne scabs can be treated using baking soda paste. The reason for this is that baking soda is an ingredient that works as a fungicide as well as antiseptic.
When used on scabs, baking soda will tighten the scabs (making them loosen from the pimple wound). This draws it away from the wound, allowing it to fall off. Here’s how to use it.
- Take a small amount of baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) and add it into a bowl or glass.
- Add a little amount of water and mix to make a consistent paste.
- Apply the paste on the pimple scabs to cover it completely.
- Repeat this daily until the scab falls off the pimple or acne zit by itself.
Other than loosening scabs on acne and breakouts to help them come off easily, this remedy will ward off infections and the itchy feeling that will make you want to pick pimples on your face, chin, forehead and nose.
8. Polysporin and Neosporin treatments for pimple scabs
Scab on lips from bumps
For infected pimples and acne, Neosporin and Polysporin antibiotics cab help you treat it. Polysporin can also help as an over-the-counter treat, but try to keep the pimples dry because that is what will accelerate the healing process.
i hope these is of some help.